Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some Uses for Twitter

As you can see by my sidebar I sporadically send Twitter updates ("tweets"). When I'm trying to tell the Twit-less about Twitter they always ask "But what is it good for?" The good folks at Twitter have now given me some help:


How Do You Use Twitter? from biz stone on Vimeo.

Personally, not many of my F2F friends are Twits so I tend to use it mainly for posting quick thoughts, pictures from my cell phone and things I'm reading which think is worth sharing to the public at large. I've made some new virtual friends this way and let's face it, who can't use a few more friends?

I use 2 applications to access Twitter:

  • Twhirl - An Adobe Air based desktop client.
  • TwitterFox - A FireFox browser plugin I just found today (courtesy of my buddy Mark McManus of MuscleHack).
Both have their strong and weak points. I tend to spend a lot of time in a browser at home so a FireFox solution makes the most sense. At work I use multiple desktops more heavily and need something I can "stick" to all of them so Twhirl works better.

Feel free to "follow" me (follow zenlc). I may say something interesting :).

No comments: