Saturday, February 09, 2008

Base 1 - Week 2

When Training Peaks' Annual Training Plan Wizard told me

If your age is over 40, VC automatically uses 3-week cycles (2 on, 1 off), thus you will see "Week 1, Week 2, Week 4" instead of "Weeks 1-4" (3 on, 1 off) on your ATP. Week 3 is skipped for those over 40.

I was slightly offended. Well, maybe depressed is more like it. Yes, the mid-life crisis has firmly established itself.

I have to say, though, maybe there is some wisdom to this plan. With 4 1/2 hours of exercise left in this week, I'm looking forward to a rest day. My legs feel like someone has been beating them with a stick. Last night before getting on the bike, my quads felt like I'd been doing hill sprints all week. I think I've been doing the squats too deep. I haven't been going over 90 degrees, but I know my knees aren't used to this. In a sense, I think this is good - building muscle and tendons I've never built before.

If I would have just listened to the BlueEyedBikinBabe three years ago...

Live and learn :)

No comments: