Friday, March 07, 2008

TRX Suspension Training - Mini Progress Report

Even though my training plan for cycling calls for backing off of the ST (Strength Training) and going into a maintenance mode, I'm rather enjoying the benefits of ST. I notice I feel more balanced and stable physically. It is easier to bend down and pick things up off the floor (something that was bugging the hell out of me), my hand strength and grip are much better (something else that had been bugging me) and I feel more physically powerful in general.

Up to this point, though, I had been avoiding lifting free weights again. You see, even though I feel stronger I didn't want to make the comparison.

My fears were unfounded. Last night I needed to move some 25lb dumbbells from my office upstairs to my workout room in the basement and while I was walking I started doing hammer curls. About the time I got the TRX, I was using 15lb DBs as my heavy weight, getting around 8 reps before failure. Last night I whipped off 5 reps of 25lbs with no problem while going down stairs and talking on the phone, after a hard workout earlier in the evening.

The TRX is definitely working! Click here to find out more about TRX Suspension Training and multi-sports!

No comments: